Friday 1 May 2015

Day 6 - 7: The Godfather Part II

What to say about the Godfather Part II that I didn't already say about the Godfather Part I? I did like the second one a lot more. I felt like the story moved forward more quickly as well, which could in part be because they continued the story of Michael from the first movie as well as went back and told how his father first became the Godfather.

I'm not sure how, but D and I both missed an important part where someone betrayed Michael and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what happened there. It was also a bit difficult watching it here because they only offered subtitles in Spanish, and almost half the movie was in Italian, so if I didn't understand something in Spanish, I didn't understand it at all.

But, overall, it was a pretty good movie, although the ending didn't feel like a definite end which kind of makes me want to watch the third one just to get the rest of the story, but I also don't have time for that and also don't want to sit through another one.

At any rate, here's the Amazon link:



Random thought after watching this movie: My family and friends are more important than my personal feelings. There are several instances in this movie where Michael sacrifices family members and close personal relationships because of something they did against him. Rather than forgive and remember that he loves them, he chose to push them entirely out of his life (going so far as to have one killed). But it got me thinking about my own brothers and I simply couldn't do that to them. I can't think of anything they could do to me that would cause me to refuse to speak to them ever again, because I love them too much to not forgive them. But at the same time, I also know they love me and I trust that they wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment