Sunday 26 April 2015

Day 3 - The Godfather

The full extent of my knowledge of this movie was that there was a scene in which a guy wakes up to a horse head in his bed and that it was about Italian mobs. What I didn't know is that it was a 3-hour movie in which there was a massive amount of dialogue with a few gunshots dispersed throughout.

Needless to say, I was not overly impressed by this movie.

I will also say that since I knew it was going to be a long movie, I did choose to paint my nails and was therefore not fully engaged for the first hour or so. But at least my nails look awesome, right? And I will also say that once I was more into it, it was a lot more interesting and I did end up thinking it was good by the end.

Here it is on Amazon:




It is also apparently a book:





Random thought after watching this movie: Being a mob boss would be pretty awesome. You basically get people to do things for you in exchange for getting other people to do things for them. And you get mad respect. And you get to pretty much do whatever you want. But at the same time, I don't know that I know enough about gambling to run an underground gambling ring, so then how will I afford to pay all my bodyguards and buy the best guns and stuff? Plus, it just seems like a lot of work to have people constantly trying to kill you while you try to solve everybody's problems by calling in favors of people whose problems you already solved... And I just don't have the time to do it. Plus there's the whole illegal activity thing... Guess I better just stick with blogging. But, if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse......

No comments:

Post a Comment