Thursday 23 April 2015

The Challenge

It started with a Facebook post, as these things usually do.... I guess.

B posted a quiz he had taken saying that he had seen 90 of the 250 top-rated movies of all times. D took the quiz and found that she had seen 50 of them. I have seen 41, and BD 55. After some discussion, it was decided that we would try to see all 250 movies within the next 365 days.

So we have until April 23, 2016 to watch all 250 movies on the list. Not collectively, individually. But rather than make it a competition, it's a challenge that we'll work together on.

This blog is to track my adventures through trying to watch so many movies in such a short period of time. I'm not really a movie person (as evidenced by the fact that I have seen the fewest number of movies on this list) so it will definitely be a challenge for me to be pursuing movie-watching. I'm generally more of a Facebook or YouTube browser.

I also imagine that some of these movies could be difficult to find, which could be an adventure all in itself. Being in a foreign country for now, D and I are really only able to watch what we can get to via Netflix, which really limits what we can watch, but so far there have been quite a few movies on the list that are also on Netflix, so I think we'll be ok until we're both Stateside again.

D and I are starting tonight with Shutter Island, with plans to watch the Godfather tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment